Thursday, June 30, 2011

And We're Having...

A baby boy!

We could very clearly see that we will be welcoming a boy into our family at our ultrasound on Tuesday. I was a little shocked, to be honest, because girls are so prevalent in my family (my dad and his siblings had 8 GIRLS among them...and two more girls have joined the family as grandchildren). I had also spent a lot of time perusing the sweet girl's clothes, nursery bedding, and had the furniture picked out.

After momentarily freaking out, I calmed down and enjoyed seeing our little guy on the big (ultrasound) screen. He is a wiggle worm already! He also didn't want us to catch his heartbeat...every time the technician would press down to get it, he would move away! But, she did finally catch him and he has a very healthy heartbeat at 154 bpm and she said it was very rhythmic, which is fantastic news for this worry wart of a mommy. My mom came with us to the appointment and she was thrilled to learn that she would be having a grandson. Everyone is thrilled and we are so excited that Brayden and Baby Butler will be only a year and a half apart in age. Hopefully they will be the best of friends.

We registered at Buy Buy Baby after our appointment and spent a couple of hours with a fun scanner picking out all of our baby's new stuff. We are still working on finishing up and will probably register at Target as well, but we have a pretty good grip on the things we do (and don't) need. There are so many things that he will need...I'm really worried about where we're going to be able to put it all. Thankfully, I love to organize, so that's my job right now...ORGANIZING! And that's good because....

We bought the crib and dresser today! And they were both in stock so we literally have a crib in our house right now that we can't do anything with. We are moving our desk out of the sunroom (which we are currently using as an office) and have a sleeper sofa that arrived this week to pick up and move in for Chadee, who is being uprooted out of her room since we only have her a couple of days out of the month. The sunroom is pretty spacious and has a TV and DVD player and will allow her some privacy while she's at our house and some extra room for us, too. But that means cleaning out the office AND the extra bedroom (we have a 2 bedroom house if you haven't figured that out). I hate having my house in disarray and right now, it's pretty much disarrayed!

Amazingly, I also ordered the crib bedding today, too. My husband asked me what I was going to do for the next 5 months since I have everything picked out. My answer was...CLEAN.

Baby boy, we are excited to meet you!

1 comment: