Monday, June 13, 2011

First Baby Gifts & Flying High...

My 28th birthday was such a blessing. I went to lunch with my very good friend, Leslie, and then made a Hobby Lobby trip and picked up a sampler for the baby's room to cross stitch. My grandmother made one for me and it was framed in my room and I thought I would like to do the same for Baby. I did have to work, but I scooted out early to enjoy some time with my husband and his mad baking skills...
Homemade Hershey's chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese icing! SCORE! (And no, ladies, he isn't available to do any baking for you - he's all mine!)

After trying not to devour the entire cake, we met up with Mom & David and had some of the best steak I've ever had at Ruth's Chris. It was truly delicious, even though I didn't get to have any wine (okay, I had ONE sip - "judge not, lest ye be judged" and it was also my birthday). I got a very, very generous birthday gift from them and we had a great dinner hanging out and talking and Mom told me my birth story like she does every year. This year it really meant a lot to hear because I am about to become a mother. I'm so thankful to have her as my guide through all this!

We made it to my dad & step-mom's house after dinner (late though it was) and got to spend some time with them. I also got my first baby gifts and the cutest maternity dress and a Christian baby book,which I loved reading over the weekend. Seeing the baby things made this pregnancy even more real to me and I am so appreciative of such an amazing support system. Baby Butler got some sweet socks, a tiny lamb rattle, and this play gym. It was like a mini baby shower! My step-mom is precious. She is so excited about becoming a grandmother and, since my baby sister is only 5, she has saved so many nice toys and things from when Gracie was little that we won't have to buy. And speaking of Gracie - that child is SO EXCITED to become an aunt. She really wants the baby to be a boy, but if it's a girl she wants it to be named "Kaylee." I think she's excited to have someone to boss around since I'm always bossing her around. :) She likes to kiss my belly and talk to the baby.

Friday, I got my gray hairs covered and we went to see "Super 8" at the movies. Such a good movie!

Saturday we lazed around and I got started on my cross stitching. So far so good, but it's going to take a while to finish.

Yesterday, we headed to Lake Keowee and spent the day with my mom and David. We ended the weekend with a cook out at Chad's mom's last night. Did I mention that my nephew Brayden is adorable? He entertained us so much last night!

Sooo....after such a busy weekend, here comes the work week. I have to have an overnight trip to Texas tomorrow, which involves flying and I'm scared to death. I hate flying. And unfortunately, I can't take any happy pills on this flight (or drink any Bloody Mary's), so I'll have to go at it cold turkey. Let's just say that a few prayers directed my way would be much appreciated!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment