Monday, June 27, 2011

Today my baby is an avacado and, according to thebump.com, he/she is starting to be able to hear me. Bless it. Dear Baby, I promise that I won't ever embarass you in front of your friends by singing. But right now...well, you're stuck with me being your personal Taylor Swift. Hopefully I won't ruin a love of music for you.



Yesterday I went out and purchased our first motherload of diapers/wipes. Actually, it wasn't really a motherload, but I spent a nice $95. And then cried. Not really, but I did spend $95. Babies R Us was running a promotion to get a $15 gift card for every 2 boxes of Pampers and 1 box of wipes. So I did it. I got quite a few dipes/wipes, but after posting my issue with the ginormous amount of money, I realized the error of my ways via facebook posts. Evidently, name brand diapers aren't worth the $$$ and a lot of my friends (and my sister-in-law) use the Wal-Mart brand diapers. Okay, here's my secret. I really hate Wal-Mart. I can deal with the secret Wal-Mart because it's secret, but any other Wal-Mart makes me want to have a nervous breakdown. I'm more of a Target girl. A friend of mine at work (who is also a Target girl), told me that their brand of diapers was pretty good and I went online to the reviews and that was confirmed. What was also confirmed was getting the same amount of diapers for $15 LESS than Pampers.


Really, I don't know what's going to work until Baby gets here, BUT I am planning on stocking up on some different brands and saving receipts (after checking the return policy, of course) because I don't want to run out of diapers at 3 am and make Chad go get some more. Because I would totally do that. I'm also planning on trying to get back on the coupon band wagon. I've been reading more and more about how people are saving and it's really ridiculous not to at least give it another go. We've been spending WAY too much money on eating out and stupid, random things. It's my goal to buckle down! Well, after my major shopping trip on Tuesday of course. :)

1 comment:

  1. We so use Wal-Mart diapers, however Target ones are great too. I just don't have a Target close. I also despise Wal-Mart, but what to do...they have it all. I especially love wipes from Sam's, I think their brand is Maker's Mark. They are my fav! One plus to name brand diapers is that the newborn ones are much softer, so you may definitely want to start out with those.

    ReplyDelete