Friday, June 17, 2011

Home

Well, the prayers worked because I landed safely in Greenville on Wednesday night. I was so exhausted from 36 hours worth of travel, but my sweet husband was waiting for me and made my exhaustion just disappear! (Not really, but I was so glad to see him!)
And I have great news...

Chad received and accepted a job offer Wednesday! It is such a "God thing" - I can't explain it any other way. It was very quick (they called him for an interview the day before) and it is with a great school close to our house. The other schools were anywhere from 30-45 minutes away and this one is 15 minutes away. With the lack of teaching jobs and the amount of great teachers out there looking, I am so very thankful for all the prayers that came our way for Chad to received this opportunity. Prayer works!

In baby news...I am 15 weeks and 1 day. Only one more (full) week before we find out if we're having a boy or girl. I can barely stand it and am so looking forward to being able to buy baby clothes and order the furniture, bedding, and glider. I received a belated birthday gift on Wednesday (it was a GREAT DAY), so I'm stashing it back for baby goodies. I'm still feeling good, but have been having some weird back pain. I'm pretty sure it's sciatica, which I have learned means that the baby is pretty much pressing on your sciatic nerve. It makes your butt and legs go numb (check) and can even cause limited mobility (check). I hobble like an old woman every time I get out of bed. I have an appointment with a chiropracter on Tuesday, so hopefully he can help out. There are about a million and one things about pregnancy that happen that NO ONE tells you about!

Anyway...TGIF! Happy Father's Day to the fathers in my life and to yours, too!

1 comment:

  1. My hands and arms were numb from the elbow down for most of my pregnancy. It was very strange, but went away right after she was born.

    **Congrats on the teaching job!

    ReplyDelete