Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot

Week 14 will be upon us tomorrow, which is also my 28th birthday. I'm excited to be celebrating with my family, both here and in my belly. Hopefully the baby will enjoy the birthday meal from Ruth's Chris that I'll be eating. So excited about eating there!

So this past weekend was hotter than hell. Luckily, I spent both Saturday and Sunday around a body of water - Saturday at my mother-in-law's pool and Sunday at my mom & step-dad's condo at Lake Keowee. I really wanted to tan my legs, but honestly, I have to either be submerged in the water or inside in the air conditioning. There is no "laying out" at this point, in this heat. I know that summer isn't even technically here yet and it's just going to get hotter. Awesome. I love SC in the summer, but we do not know what dry heat is. All of our heat is water based and you pretty much have to be wrung out when spending more than 30 seconds outside. My body temperature is higher than normal, too, so that makes everything just a little bit more dramatic. Lately, all I've wanted to do is lay around and eat Edy's Fruit Bars and complain about the heat. I plan on doing that all summer, just FYI.

We find out if Baby Butler is a girl or a boy in just 20 days and I am getting so excited! I keep getting asked if I have a "feeling" as to what I'm going to have and honestly, I don't. The only "feeling" I have is that the baby is perched upon my bladder and it feels like I have swallowed a bowling ball most of the time. However, I have been eyeing some VERY cute baby clothes lately and most of them have been girl things. I haven't purchased anything yet, but I got REALLY REALLY close, especially this week when I saw the cutest little Christmas dress marked down at Gymboree from $40 to $7. I didn't do it though. But honestly, all bets are off come June 28th because I'm headed to the mall right after the ultrasound! I'm also planning on hitting up some of the upcoming consignment sales in our area because I've been told by many seasoned mamas that consignment is the way to go, especially for infants and toddlers. Since I seem to be partial to smock dresses that run $70-100 a pop, I will be at the consignment sales with bells on!

So...I guess this is bye bye 27 and cheers to 28!

No comments:

Post a Comment