Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th Weekend

Chad and I have had quite the productive weekend preparing for the baby, who MAY be named Hudson. Actually, we're test driving that name, so I'll be referring to him as Hudson and if something changes, well, you'll know that we decided that that name doesn't work.

We did a little shopping at my new favorite place, Show Offs, which has excellent prices on smocked clothes (thanks to some of my facebook friends for alerting me to the awesomeness that is Show Offs!). I'm not sure if seersucker and smocking are just a Southern thing or not, but here in the South, we dress our little boys and girls in hand smocked outfits. And they are not cheap. A quality hand smocked jumper will run $70 and up. However, at Show Offs, they have excellent prices on these outfits. I got two adorable outfits for $58 (total)! I know, I know, you can find them at consignment sales for even cheaper and I'll be doing that, too, but I wanted him to have some new stuff.

With the help of Chad's friend, Jared, we got the desk moved out of the sunroom and the new couch assembled and in place. It looks different...



We still have some things to do to finish up this room and you can't see it, but there are major piles on both sides - to your left would be our yard sale pile and to the right, Chad's pile of things to take to his new classroom. 

We also set up the crib! I couldn't help myself...the nursery still has Chadee's bed and furniture that needs to be taken to my mom's for storage, but I just wanted to see what a baby crib in MY HOUSE would look like.

It looks like this:
You can see that this is still clearly Chadee's room - that's her whiteboard above the crib and messages that she's written. :) One of the things that I wish is that we could have moved into a bigger house prior to the baby arriving, but, times being what they are, Chad and I both feel that it's a better financial move on our part to stay put. Not forever, but for a little while longer. I think Chadee will enjoy a room with a TV and a DVD player!

We finished up the weekend with some more shopping at Gymboree (hello sale) and watching fireworks with Chad's family in Columbus, NC. It was a wonderful weekend to celebrate our nation's past and our family's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment