Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sweet Potato - Week 18

Well, we've graduated from the fruit section and now my baby is a root vegetable. He's also chilling on my bladder and I've been feeling little flutters from down below for the past few days that I am attributing to HIM and not to flatulence. At least, I hope it's him! People have tried to describe what "quickening" feels like, and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm experiencing...tiny little flutters that happen every once in a while. It's exciting and makes this whole thing seem real!

As if a crib in the bedroom and a dresser in the sunroom (we're still rearranging and moving furniture out) doesn't make it real enough! Oh...and the baby bedding came yesterday and I LOOOVE IT! Yesterday was my mom's birthday and she and my step-father came over last night to see the new furniture, bedding, and the large amount of baby clothes I've purchased. She got onto me about buying so many clothes, but guess what? My baby, although he is a boy and will be covered in dirt most of the time, needs CLOTHING CHOICES! And he will have them seeing as his mother is a shopaholic and a clothes horse who can't fit into anything cute for herself right now. Lucky boy! I'm so ready to get my organiziational skills on and get his closet ready and put those little duds up where they belong.

This weekend we're going to move out the bed in that bedroom and the furniture and move the dresser in so we can really assess the space we have/don't have. The only "big ticket" items we need for the nursery are my overstuffed glider (which I have to pick out the fabric for) and a rug for the room. The rest is just painting and accessorizing. I think that the nursery will be complete by the start of my 3rd trimester, which was my goal from the beginning. Since Hudson will be born smack in the middle of the holiday season, I would rather have all the necessary things done well before D-Day!

18 weeks...almost halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment