Thursday, July 28, 2011

21 Weeks And A Consignment Sale

We had our midway ultrasound yesterday with the full anatomy scan and I am happy to report that Hudson looks healthy! The tech was not able to get a great picture of his heart due to the way he was laying (stubborn baby), so that means I get to have another ultrasound at my next check up! More pictures for the baby book! :)

I also went to my very first consignment sale last night with my friend from work. It was amazing how many clothes, toys, books, shoes, etc. were there. Leslie pointed me in the right direction and I was a woman on a mission!!! Luckily, people are more interested in older kids clothes than newborn/infant, so I was able to score on some really really cute things. Unfortunately, the lighting was bad and I came home with a few outfits with stainage, even though I THOUGHT I had looked everything over. Note to self...come prepared with a flashlight to scrutinize every garment. Oh well. Most of what I purchased is just fine and hopefully I'll be able to get out the stains in the other things with a little OxiClean and prayer.

So what's going on with Hudson this week? Evidently, he is being compared to a large banana in size (according to thebump.com) and the ultrasound tech says he weighs about a pound. His movements are becoming more pronounced even though Chad still hasn't felt them - just me. On the mama front...I gained 4 more lbs at this appointment (which the nurse said was good), am constantly hot, and don't have a HUGE appetite. The crazy breakouts I had when I first got pregnant are gone (thank goodness) and I'm mostly in maternity clothes, even though I can still pull off a FEW pre-preggers dresses. My nails grow scarily fast and my hair is growing faster than normal too. Oh, and my placenta has moved away from my cervix quite a bit, which was GREAT news to hear!

If you need me, I'll be trying to remove stains...

No comments:

Post a Comment