Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

I am not an outdoorsy/able to "rought it" kind of girl, much to my husband's dismay. He likes to camp, I like to go to spas for hours being pampered. He is happy sleeping on a rock, I will not lay upon anything less than 400 TC sheets. He can go days without bathing, I need my special shampoo, special soap, special conditioner, special face wash...

You get the picture.

Which is why this weekend was the best of both worlds and in my opinion, I roughed it. We headed down to my dad's family's lake house this weekend for a nice 3 day adventure with my dad, step-mom, and 4 year old sister. And their new puppy who is gigantic, Tucker. And our two dogs, one of which is semi-gigantic himself.

It was our first weekend of the summer back in the house, so there was the usual stuff to deal with...getting the boats in the water, cleaning up squirrel mess (yuck), watching for scary insects that may have moved in over the winter. To be honest, the first weekend back is a little stressful because of all those things, plus three dogs and a 4 year old running around.

After our first night, when all of us were kept up by the unrelenting heat of a house coming out of hibernation, we finally figured out that there was something wrong with the AC. And by something wrong, I mean, it wasn't working. AT ALL. And it was very, very hot. And humid. And did I mention hot? Instead of packing it up and heading back to spend Memorial Day weekend in the coolness of our hacienda, we toughed it out. Thankfully the weather cooperated somewhat on our mission to cool down the house by monsooning 90% of the weekend. Not weather conducive to all day fun on the lake, but hey, we were able to stop sweating so profusely while we hung out inside.

And that is how I roughed it on Memorial Day weekend. Not exactly sleeping on a rock, but for me, it was close enough. SC summer with no heat? That is beyond roughing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment