Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Make It Through Hump Day...

Today has been one of those REALLY slow days that just drag on by. I can see the sun shining outside and while my body is in front of of a computer screen being productive, my heart is outside by a pretty swimming pool, getting some sun and finishing up The Passage (a really good book, by the way - out of the realm of what I normally read, but I would recommend it). It is on days like this that I wish my career included a summer vacation! There is just nothing worse than watching the summer roll by while you're indoors. Summer was made for being outside!!!

I know that in a few hours, I will be saying the opposite...that summer is made for A/C. Chad and I Crossfit tonight and, because we basically work out in a glorified shed that most definitely does not have air condtioning, we will sweating to death at our 7 pm class.

Yes, we are still Crossfitting. I am so proud to be able to say that! It has become a semi-addiction for us both...and while I am still in the same size, I am noticing some subtle changes to my body. My arms and legs are becoming more toned, which is GREAT. Yes, I want to be slim again, but it took longer than 6 weeks to gain all this weight (it sure didn't feel like it, but it did), and it will take longer than 6 weeks to get it off. But it will happen.

Chad is already getting his muscle back...it's amazing. The whole "muscle memory" thing is so true. We have also been eating Paleo (or sticking to it as close as we can) and trying our best not to cheat. We still have our moments though - I have lattes (fat/sugar free) and the occasional piece of chocolate. I also had a small affair with a piece of sourdough bread from Atlanta Bread Co. But the daily gorging of carbs? It doesn't happen anymore. No more cereal, no more bread with dinner, no more spaghetti noodles, no more starchy beans and corn. Instead, we have our veggies and lean protein, eat salads and fruit, and of course many, many egg whites. We both went a little nuts over my ice cream birthday cake from Bruster's over the weekend, but good grief,  you have to LIVE!

Here's hoping your hump day flies by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment