Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Injuries.

I am not known for my gracefulness. Or my coordination. Or my ability to walk in high heels without stumbling (just a side note on that: I used to be VERY good at walking in high heels...when I wore them often. Now that ballet flats are back in vogue, I am content to be comfortable. Or wear my Rainbows.). I'm not quite sure how I made cheerleader in 7th & 8th grades...perhaps the judges felt sorry for me? I'm still somewhat suspicious that my mom paid them off believing that some paid off judges would be cheaper than the therapy she would have to send me to if I didn't make the squad.

I am the girl that knocks her head getting into a car, has random bruises that looks like I live with an abusive husband, twists her ankle walking down the stairs, and, as of last night, somehow bruises the knuckle of her thumb while doing 30 snatches. Don't worry, I finished the exercise despite the fact that I was pretty sure my thumb contained a cracked bone. Because I'm committed.

When Chad questioned how I injured myself, I had three words for him: "I don't know." Because I really DON'T HAVE A CLUE. I remember feeling my thumb hit the weight and thinking, oh wow, that hurt. But I don't remember how it happened or why my thumb was outside the region of where it was supposed to be to complete a snatch. Truly this injury defies logic. Almost as much as me being in my 8th week of Crossfit.

And also, can I please just mention that thumbs are very underrated until you have kind of lost the use of one? So here's to you, thumbs. Hopefully my lefty thumb will get better and my righty thumb will stay well and good. Because if not, I'm up a creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment