Monday, June 14, 2010

And Now I Am 27

I turned another year older on my trip to Texas last week, June 9 to be exact. I am now 27 years of age...still in twenties, but cutting it close, my friends. Turning 27 hasn't been a traumatic experience; on the contrary, it's been pretty freakin' fun! My darling Chad met me at the airport on my birthday night (actually, it was the wee hours of the morning on June 10th, but no need to get technical), brought me home to a fantastic b-day present (Switchflops, I am so in love), sweet card, and CHEESECAKE! He helped me blow out the candles on another year, something he has been doing for a while now.

We had a fun cook out this past Saturday night, too, with our family and friends. It was a lovely way to start a new birthday year. People came and brought presents, cards, and well wishes...which is what I love the most (the well wishes). I am very blessed, indeed, to have people in my life who care whether or not I have a good birthday. Many people don't have that luxury. So thank you, family and friends!

So what has happened over the past year for Chad and I? Let's recap:

We welcomed our first nephew into the world, we redecorated our house, celebrated holidays, went to the beach and lake, went on the Polar Express for Christmas, Chad started at USC Upstate (which meant the end is near for his Bachelor's), we started Crossfit, and we celebrated our first wedding anniversary. 26 was quite an eventful year!

I am very much looking forward to seeing what happens at age 27!

No comments:

Post a Comment