Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We Set the Date

This morning was our second visit to the obstetrician. If Dr. B wasn't so nice, I would hate her. She is young and has perfect teeth and is really really tall and slim. She is beautiful. But I can't hate her because she is so nice to me and is pretty straight forward, which I appreciate. I was told that I would see all the doctors in the practice, but this is the second time with Dr. B. I just hope my husband doesn't develop a crush on her.

Today was just a routine visit. Dr. B used the Doppler to find the heartbeat, which was new. She warned me that she may not be able to find it immediately, but she did. Because my baby is as cooperative in the womb as he/she will be outside the womb. At least, I hope. :) Heart rate was 162, which according to the old wives' tale means I'm having a girl. Did I mention that I don't believe in old wives' tales?

Because everyone is anxious to find out whether we should refer to the baby as "he" or "she" to avoid gender confusion, we decided to find out what we're having on our next visit, which will cost a little extra (I guess because it's an extra ulrasound?), but to me, is completely worth it. So June 28th is the day. And then I get to go shopping for the tadpole.

No comments:

Post a Comment