Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Results Are In...

So after a weekend that included nothing good for my sugar levels - including making homemade apple muffins for breakfast on Sunday - I finally heard from my lab tech. No gestational diabetes (or diabetus as our friend Bret Michaels says)! I have never been so relieved, other than when I got off the plane after a bumpy ride from Killeen to DFW. She did say that at one point during the 3 hours my blood sugar was rather close to failing me, so I need to watch it. I take that to mean that my body is a machine and I will process that Ben & Jerry's with panache. Just kidding.

I truly feel like all the prayers coming my way worked because I was pretty much sure that I had GD. I was diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome several years ago which made me think that I was a shoo-in for diabetes while pregnant and huge. Thankfully, I was wrong!

30 weeks on Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment