Wednesday, October 5, 2011

3-0

No, I'm not in my dirty thirties yet. But my uterus is! I will actually be 31 weeks tomorrow, but I wanted to capture this week because it's been so busy and fun with snatches of annoying and obnoxious thrown in for good measure.

Hudson is doing well. We had our bi-weekly check up last Wednesday and everything is measuring on time, weight is good, blood pressure is good, and feet are slightly swollen. I am such a firm believer that you speak things into existence because the nurse at the doctor's office told me my feet were slightly swollen (I hadn't noticed it, but then again, I can't see my feet real well these days) and by the time I got home I looked like I had elephantitis of the foot. Just the one foot. Not AT ALL attractive, but it did go away. I have been worried about dealing with post-partum depression because of my past history with GAD and OCD and talked with my OB about it. I had considered natural alternatives, including encapsulating my placenta (just google it, it's real and it's also semi-disgusting), but she said we could just up my dosage of Zoloft to ward off any craziness. Bless her. She's just a few weeks behind me in her own pregnancy and was rocking the cutest zebra print heels and I am waddling around in my Rainbow flip flops. Some women can do it all.

I had a fabulous baby shower thrown in my honor by one of my mom's closest friends on Sunday afternoon. Aunt Jan is a caterer as well as the Martha Stewart of her neighborhood and she hosted all of us at her home with a spread of food that would make Gordon Ramsay proud. I'm talking homemade baked brie, homemade spinach dip, homemade crab salad, homemade chicken salad on croissants...oh I was in HEAVEN. And I was spoiled rotten by the gifts - so many things I registered for, adorable outfits, a beautiful bank from Hudson's godmother, layette items from Ralph Lauren (thanks Mom), a handmade crocheted blankie that made me cry...I was shocked at the presents! I am so appreciative to everyone who came and celebrated Hudson with us. His closet and dresser are overflowing with the cutest clothes, we have all of his kitchen things put away in their respective spots, and the car seat is in my car (not installed, I'm not that on top of things). I am so excited to get to use all these little gadgety things - like the Baby Bullet for making baby food when the time comes. Bless him, he's not even here yet and he's got territory marked in our house. :)

So this week I've been running back and forth between jury duty and work, which has been both boring and expensive in gas, since I work in Greenville and jury duty is all the way in downtown Spartanburg. I haven't even been picked and I've had to endure some of the nastiest bathrooms in the Upstate. I'd rather pee in a bush outside than have to go inside the courthouse bathrooms. Yuck.

Week 31 starts tomorrow. I can't believe Hudson will be full term in just 6 short weeks. And I can't believe that I have to deal with nonstop urination for that long (or longer). I'm just going to wear Depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment