Tuesday, October 18, 2011

32...

Okay, I will be really really glad for this week in pregnancy to be over. Everything is fine, but I am HUGE, HUGE, HUGE and pretty much constantly uncomfortable and/or in pain. I know this is totally normal, but it's still not pleasant. My lower back hurts, my abdomen hurts, my bladder hurts, my hoo ha hurts (I know, TMI, but just keepin' it real). I seriously have to pee constantly and would gladly move myself into the bathroom at home and at work just to save myself the trouble of having to haul my big a$$ to and fro.

Hudson is still "sitting" very high, which makes breathing a challenge, especially when I'm trying to go to sleep. Laying on one side will be okay for 30 minutes, then I'll have to switch sides, which is effort in and of itself. Getting off the couch or out of bed (which I do about 15 times a night) without pain and difficulty? Yeah, doesn't happen. And getting off the couch without help is a thing of yesteryear.

I had a dinner/movie date with my best friend last week and she had all kinds of pregnancy questions for me. Like...is it hard to go to the bathroom? I started laughing because I knew what she really wanted to ask - how hard is it to wipe your butt these days? I told her that it was beyond difficult, but still doable. Lately thought, wiping causes me to grunt, which I'm sure my coworkers who happen to be in the public bathroom with me probably find disconcerting. Whatevs.

Speaking of disconcerting, Chad got to see Hudson's sweet in utero dance moves over the weekend. He asked me in a semi-horrified voice, "WHAT is he doing in there?!" I wish I knew, honey, I wish I knew. What I do know is that he sometimes tries to Jackie Chan me in the bladder, but misses and nails my crotch. That's pleasant.

So in spite of the stretch marks, huge veiney boobs with dinner plate nipples, dry skin, double chin, aches and pains and exhaustion, we're doing good! Whoever insinuated that pregnancy was glamorous, fun, or enjoyable was obviously smoking crack.

Cheers to week 33!

No comments:

Post a Comment