Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm Super Sweet

Week 29 has arrived! Hudson is the size of a squash and his kicks (or punches or flips or whatever the heck he's doing in there) have become more and more pronounced. I've been counting his kicks on the Sprout app for my iPhone and he usually has 10 kicks in 10 minutes (or less) every time. He's pretty much a star.

Since I failed my 1 hour glucose test last week, I went in Wednesday for the 3 hour test. Basically, they took a vial of blood and then I had to drink another glucola drink with double the amount of sugar in it than last week and then every hour for the next 3 hours have another vial of blood drawn. The time went by pretty quickly, thanks to the entertainment that is my iPad, but the end result was one exhausted and irritable mama-to-be. I had to head home after the appointment, I was so worn out. Basically, my body went on a major sugar high and then crashed - which is the point, of course, but it still makes you feel really out of it. I won't know the results until next week, but hopefully I passed this one. Hopefully.

Other than my crazy sugar levels, everything is right on schedule. I got to see Hudson on the big screen yesterday (the ultrasound tech had pity on me) and he's growing just like he should and is measuring on time. And I must say, he looked dang cute on the ultrasound screen!

So what's on the agenda for the weekend? Well...we're planning on heading to Sky Top Orchard to pick some apples and then the big Clemson/Florida State game comes on at 2:30. It's sure to be a good one, so we'll be cheering on the Tigers! My dad mentioned having a bonfire tomorrow night and Chad was all about that and also added the possibility of camping with the girls (my dad & step-mom live on 50 acres). We'll see what happens with those plans. I'm certainly not taking my big self out to camp!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment