Tuesday, September 20, 2011

28 Weeks

Week twenty-eight...you brought bad news! :(

I took my glucose tolerance test on Wednesday and after a great appointment (blood pressure was great, weight gain was 2 lbs, heart beat was good, measurements were good) I received a call from my lab tech letting me know that I would have to come back for the 3 hour glucose test.

Epic.Fail. I am an overachiever. My husband is an overachiever. I'm pretty sure Hudson will be an overachiever. Failure is not an option. But evidently, my body is failing to process sugar like it should. I'm hoping I don't have the dreaded gestational diabetes, but I very well could. I'm guessing that my love of Pumpkin Spice Lattes and snorting lines of table sugar haven't helped things (JOKE). Wednesday is the day of reckoning and I reckon ya'll should say a prayer for me and my glucose.

On a happier note...my baby shower at work was so fun! My work friends are great - snarky and sarcastic, much like me. And they spoiled me with a beautiful cake and some great gifts, including the high chair I registered for. I also received gift cards and Chad and I went baby shopping this past weekend and bought Hudson's crib mattress.

Okay mamas, did you feel 100% guilty for not doling out $200 + for a crib mattress? I really felt like I was failing my child by only buying a $100 mattress. I know the crib mattress is vitally important but MY GOODNESS. I really feel like the authors of baby books and retailers know every trick in the book to make a mama-to-be feel even more paranoid and guilty for not giving their baby "the best" - in their opinion. It's annoying and it works. Obviously because I'm stil talking about it five sentences later.

Moving on to another rant: the employees at Buy Buy Baby are stalkers, much like their kin at Bed Bath & Beyond. If I had one more person ask me if I needed help I was going to drop to the floor, spread my legs, and say "yup, can you birth my son for me?" I mean, y'all, it's a BABY STORE. How much help do you need, unless you've wandered in unsuspecting and the name of the store and the smell of baby powder didn't tip you off. I mean, other than reaching high items, I don't need to be followed around or harassed 80 billion times. I'm most likely going to purchase something because I feel like I need to make up for not buying Hudson the best mattress ever. You don't have to keep asking.

Whew. I'm obviously hormonal today. Week 28 - the week of hormones. Week 29...you're just a couple of days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment