Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beastly

So I have been reading some blogs as of late and have come to realize how incredibly blessed Chad and I are to have had such an easy time getting pregnant. So many people have had such a hard time, even in their 20's & early 30's and my sexy husband and I just randomly did it and voila, I'm knocked up. And have been complaining about ever since. Which makes me feel like an ass. But I have reasons for it...let me explain.

When I hit the age of 24ish, I got fat for some reason. I had always had a really high metabolism, never worried about my weight, but for whatever reason, my metabolism decided to peace out, leaving me gaining all kinds of extra poundage and causing me to go from a cute size 4-6 to a not so cute 10-12. I went to the doctor to find out if I had some kind of tapeworm or thyroid problem, but the doc just said to exercise and eat right. BITE ME DOC. My husband proposed in '08 and I frantically lost about 30 lbs before the wedding, which left me smaller, yes, but still a good 20 lbs over my ideal weight.
The weight got really out of control and I finally decided that 2011 was the year of Baby Butler and I needed to be back at my goal weight prior to getting preggers. I was put on weight loss meds and supplements and was down 15 lbs by early March of this year. And then that little pink line appeared and I had to stop taking the meds (duh) and began to be hungry ALL THE TIME.

Long story short - I am overweight and pregnant. And that is not a good combo, not only because of the health risks, but because it generally makes you feel yucky and gross and pretty much like the most unattractive person on the planet. To top it off, I can't exercise right now due to instructions from my doctor to wait until our next ultrasound next week (due to some spotting during week 7).

I am trying my best to not eat the world, but it's hard. I'm so thankful that I don't have horrid morning sickness, but perhaps losing 10 or 40 lbs during the first trimester wouldn't be so bad. As of now, Week 9 is tomorrow and I've gained 4 lbs since quitting the meds after finding out I was pregnant March 23. Really, I don't know if I've actually gained any weight since I weighed myself after lunch one day and I have pretty bad pregnancy bloat. As soon as I'm given the okay by the doctor, I'm going on the elliptical as much as possible and doing some free weights. Hopefully that will help clear up my bloated self, too!

Luckily, other than vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, I have been wanting mostly fresh fruits and veggies. We stopped by the produce stand on Saturday and bought some of the best strawberries I've had in a LOOONG time! I tore into those suckers - they are gone. Sorry Chad! :) I am very much looking forward to peach season!

No comments:

Post a Comment