Monday, April 11, 2011

It Only Takes One

Well...it is official. The saying "if you want to laugh, tell God your plans" is true. Chad and I planned on starting a family later in the summer, but obviously our timing was off...by 4 months according to my life calendar which is officially being thrown in the trash.
We found out on March 24 that I was pregnant with our first child! According to my possibly wrong due date program found online, I am due the week of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving Day to be more precise. Of course I am beyond thrilled but I hope I hold out to the week after Thanksgiving which will give me the opportunity to eat until I pass out on Turkey Day and then get up the next morning and push people around with my giant belly while Black Friday shopping. MAKE WAY FOR THE PREGNANT WOMAN!
The first couple of weeks of this pregnancy have been good. I have not suffered one bout of morning sickness, I have not exploded out of my current wardrobe into maternity clothes (I was worried), and despite a few cases of irrational anger directed towards the innocent, I have remained mostly even keel. Thank you Zoloft. Yes, I am still taking my daily meds. Judge me all you want. I did come down with a nasty case of strep last week, but am pretty much over it, thanks to a very sweet nurse practitioner, who also happens to be my cousin-in-law.

However...being pregnant is not all that fun. Despite worrying constantly about the little tadpole inside of you being okay and healthy, you also:

- have terrible gas
- have random narcolepsy
- have the energy level of Jabba the Hut
- get really hungry for random things...and you must eat the random things IMMEDIATELY or become incredibly nauseous...BUT don't eat too fast or too much or you will become nauseous as well
- have some serious mood swings
- end up with teenage pizza face (acne)
- turn into the most airheaded person imaginable
- read too many baby books and then freak out because you're doing everything wrong and the kid isn't even HERE yet

I know the bright side of all of this is a baby at the end. You know, after the painful labor and delivery. I'm just trying to survive until my next meal!

I hope to keep everyone updated of this next journey of Chad and me...and of course Baby B! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am SO super excited for you! The best advice I ever received is...just enjoy all the stages of pregancy and all the baby stages, everything changes so quickly. Your life is going to be unimaginably different, but in the absolute best way possible. Please let me know if you need anything! =)

    ReplyDelete