Thursday, April 14, 2011

Morning sickness. It is week 8 and I have not barfed. And I can't tell you how thankful I am about this. After hearing horror stories from friends and relatives about terrible morning sickness, it was honestly my biggest fear about being pregnant. Other than the whole "being a mom forever thing." Oh and the delivery part.

Yes, I have gagged SEVERAL times over random things, but mostly my tummy has stayed pretty stable. The only things I seem to have an aversion to are my perfume, cigarette smoke, and French fries. I have been craving Frosted Mini Wheats and lemons, although not at the same time. I actually considered running into Bilo last Sunday morning with no bra to pick up some Frosted Mini Wheats. But my shame stopped me. I still have some of that left, even though I'm not sure how long it will last as my love for cereal grows to unknown proportions.

The fact that this whole post has been about food will show you what's on my mind all the time. Food and sleep. I went to bed at 7:15 last night (after eating, of course). I don't even think the geriatric crowd goes to bed that early but I couldn't help it. I did wake up for about an hour to read and eat a couple of mini Hershey bars, but then it was back to bed. I didn't know I could sleep that long without the aid of Benadryl! It's like my body wants to go into hibernation or something. Thankfully, I have a husband who is so understanding that he lets me sleep when I need to and takes care of everything else, including cleaning up the kitchen and the laundry.

Did I mention that I love love LOVE my husband? He is the best man ever and I am so proud of him...he graduates WITH HONORS in just a couple of weeks and then it's on to teaching some very lucky middle schoolers. I am very much looking forward to spending the next few days with him and going to look at some houses.

Oh, I didn't tell you? We're moving. More on that later...

1 comment:

  1. OMG I ate SO many lemons while I was preggers. We live right next to a produce stand (I know, how southern right? ). Anywho, Trey would go to "The Tent" and get me lemons all the time. AND I ate so many Lucky Charms, well...that's TMI, google it sometime.

    ReplyDelete