Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Goal Met, On To the Next!

We had a wonderful weekend at our house! It was a long weekend for me, as my work schedule is weird and I have every other Friday off - not that I'm complaining! Chad and I caught up on some more "True Blood" via Netflix, we had his daughter, C, with us Saturday and Sunday, and Chad and C had some Daddy/Daughter time and went on a movie date to see "Despicable Me." I napped. It was lovely.

I also reached a goal of mine that has been bugging me since we started Crossfit in May - getting on the bar to work on pull ups instead of using the rings on the ground, which make me feel very much like a special ed Crossfitter. Coming into Crossfit completely out of shape with very little (okay, none) athletic background and working out with some very competitive and in shape people has been a challenge. Like I've said, I have to modify everything. But nothing is worse than being the only one NOT on the bar during pull ups. It's driven me crazy from Day 1. Saturday I decided to try try again - doing a pull up with the bands on the bar.

And I can do it. Yes, it's with the help of the heaviest band (grey), but PEOPLE...I COULD NOT DO THAT IN MAY!!!! I was so thrilled, so elated...I felt so FREAKING proud of myself! I am one step closer to doing pull ups without ANY bands. And for someone who was never an athlete, that is huge.

This is the result of doing pull ups (even with gloves on):


That's dedication people.

No comments:

Post a Comment