Friday, July 23, 2010

Eclipsed By Skittles

Tuesday night was girl's night, which used to mean that my best friend, Chelle, and I would get all dolled up and hit downtown G'ville for drinks, dancing, and flirting. I have to say that we used to paint the town...those were the days!

Now, a usual girl's night involves catching a movie, which is exactly what we did. Eclipse to be exact. Both of us are Twilight fans from back before the movies came out and both of us think that the movies are a bit, well, ridiculous. Okay, a lot ridiculous. And neither of us is a fan of the actress who plays Bella and her 'tude and her silly facial expressions - looking constipated, in extreme pain, or manic depressive. Or all three. Which makes an unrealistic movie even more so because she has two guys fighting for her in the middle of teenage angst...and let me just say that Jacob or Edward would solve any NORMAL girl's teenage angst!!!

Even though it wasn't that great, Eclipse was far better than New Moon which I seriously almost walked out of, mainly because I had had three glasses of wine prior to the movie and was ready to go barhopping, not listen to a bunch of kiddos whine about the undead, love, and werewolves.

Honestly, the best thing about that experience (besides spending time with my BFF) was the huge box of Skittles I indulged in. I know, I know, calories, sugar, BLAH. They were absolutely delicious - even more delicious than Jacob's abs.

Wow, I am getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment