Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Drill Baby Drill

Chad and I had a wonderful, WONDERFUL July 4th weekend. Both of us were off work/out of school on Friday and Monday, so we had 4 wonderful days of freedom, which we spent at the lake with my dad, step-mom, sister and a few family friends.

It was much needed. And absolutely perfect, except...I got hurt...AGAIN.

On Friday morning, we went to Crossfit so I could get my 3rd time in for the week. I made it through the WOD with no issues, but when we got to the cool down that involved a sledge hammer and oversized tire, disaster struck. I missed the tire and connected with my left big toe. Lovely. I spent most of Friday limping around and complaining. My sweet husband was dealing with an ear infection himself, but he was very symathetic to my clumsy self.

After two days of hobbling around Lake Hartwell on said bad toe, I finally took the advice of a family friend that was there and Chad performed surgery on me...he hand "drilled" a hole in the nail of my toe to relieve the pressure. Yes, I just went there. I will spare you the gory details (honestly, it wasn't that bad), but the mini operation worked and, despite having a small hole in my toenail and a little tenderness, I am good to go and hopefully will be back to Crossfit tonight or tomorrow. And on a side note...any man who will love enough to operate on your big toe is GOOD MAN!

Our dogs were with us for the weekend, too, as well as Tucker, my sister's puppy who now weighs in at 60 pounds. Yesterday was "dog day" and we took them out on a boat ride to a beach near our house for a bit of play in the lake water. They loved it and Jake and Lucy slept all the way home and all last night. I think they would definitely live at the lake if they could.

Fourth of July was fantastic and here's to a week with NO INJURIES! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment