Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Hour

A couple of weeks ago, Chad and I were invited to join some friends for dinner. Our hostess with the mostess, Sam, is an incredible cook (like gourmet) and she always has something tasty up her sleeve - this night was no exception. In between chips with fresh guacamole dip (this was pre-Paleo diet), we drank the most incredible adult lemonade known to man. And it had GIN in it.

Okay, I hate gin and have since I tried to be really cool as a freshman at College of Charleston and drink a gin martini made by a cougar who lived in the apartment adjacent to some friends who lived in a converted mansion on Meeting. Little did I know I would be consuming a Christmas tree in a pretty glass. Needless to say, that drink went over the portico railing ASAP. I haven't touched gin since.

But this gin lemonade...oh my word. And, because she's Sam, she even had fresh lemon slices floating in the pitcher. I fell head over heels and haven't stopped thinking about this drink since. So she gave me the recipe today and I plan on making a big 'ole batch of it to enjoy over the Memorial Day weekend as I lounge on the boat. I doubt my batch will be as fantastic as hers, but I'm going to give it a try.

It will be a happy hour(s) indeed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment