Monday, May 24, 2010

Family

This weekend was a busy one and I may not have survived had I not had Friday off work. I napped on and off all day...something that I LOVE doing, especially if the weather is dreary, which it was. I caught up on my reading (finished Cataloochee by Wayne Caldwell - it's a good one), got a spray tan, and basically hung out with my husband in between snatches of sleep.

Saturday was a Crossfit class at 8am and then to pick up Chad's daughter, C, who is 10 and who visits us every other weekend. After a stop by my SIL's house to see my brand new nephew, B, we went home to get ready for my cousin's wedding in Townville, SC.

I do love weddings and, since it was a family wedding, I got to see my cousins who I don't get to see very often. It was good to catch up with them and all be together as a family. The sun was shining and it was hot and after the wedding, we headed down to the Lake Hartwell house to see how kind or unkind winter had been to our family's lake home this past year. Good news - the squirrels, who evidently live in the attic, did not ransack the place (completely), there was nothing scary to be found inside, and the water levels are up after years of drought, so it will be a fantastic summer on the lake! Starting this coming weekend, in fact, with Memorial Day and the beginning of Summer 2010.

We came home and rented a movie for C on Saturday night and ate McDonald's (so bad, yeah I know, but she's 10 and that's what she wanted - who are we to argue?) and I was in bed with my latest 'nook purchase (Back to Wando Passo) by 10. Perfection.

Sunday was spent with Chad's side of the family at my SIL & BIL's house, playing with baby B and letting C and her cousin, T, play together all day. Chad and I stopped by a local produce stand on the way home and got our first bunch of peaches, the first of the season.

And I got my first taste of summer last night when I bit into that peach. And it was good. It just doesn't feel like summer until the first peaches have been eaten and you've gotten all sticky from it.

All is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment