Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Friend Lunch

Usually, I spend my lunches running errands or just trying to chill out and make it through the rest of the work day. I am, afterall, a working girl, and time is of the essence since there is never enough hours to get everything done. Lunches with friends are rare and far between.

Today was an exception, thanks to an invite from my friend, Chelle. We got to spend some quality time together, laughing and gossiping (what girls do) over large salads as I salivated over Chelle's cream of broccoli soup...which I can't have right now. :( Conversation made up for what my plate could not fill and I left the restaurant feeling happier than I normally do and better prepared to take on the rest of my day.

Today's lunch was just another example of how important friends are. Unfortunately, I think that sometimes relationships with your friends can take a third row seat after you either get into a serious relationship or get married. Yes, marriage should be priority number one. It is our priority number one - putting each other first (well, behind God of course, but you get the jist). But friends are not too far behind because guess what? Life happens. Things fall apart, people fall apart, lives fall apart. And having a nourished friendship that you know is strong and true is sometimes the only thing that is left in the rubble.

My friendships have changed over the years. Some have been snuffed out, some have been rekindled, some are in the process of growing and maturing. It is a beautiful thing, these people we call our friends. They have seen us at our worst, laughed us off the ledge, and been by our side during the best of times. They are mandatory.

We love our friends!

1 comment:

  1. SOOO apparently...I didn't realize that you had this new blog and I have been lost without you. =) For real, I love to read your blogs, you are an awesome writer! Friends are fabulous...even long lost ones!

    ReplyDelete