Thursday, August 18, 2011

24 Weeks & Lessons Learned

Hmmm...interesting things this week? I don't really have many, except I found some amazing artwork for Hudson's room on Etsy (soooo addicting) and a side table to go beside the glider at HomeGoods. It's red and I'm a little in love with it. Also, I had a GNO with my mom, my bff, and my mom's bff. We went to see "The Help" and it was amazing, but the book is even more amazing, so READ THE BOOK FIRST! There are so many complex relationships in that book - mother/daughter, daughter/housekeeper, friend/friend...it's definitely a movie for women of all ages & races! I actually walked away feeling like I had seen something worthwhile. Also...we watched "Soul Surfer" on Vudu (it is changing our life) this past weekend with my step-daughter. Talk about an inspirational movie! I was in tears, my husband was in tears and it was a movie that incorporated the family's unshaken faith and it displayed it proudly. I think that's amazing.

Okay, so things going on at 24 weeks:

- Hudson is the size of a papaya. I'm not familiar with this fruit, but I may go by Whole Foods to check it out and get some perspective.
- I have massive heartburn after I eat anything worthwhile. I pretty much just take a Pepcid before I go to sleep now. It's much better than waking up feeling like my chest is on fire.
- Chad finally felt Hudson kick - very exciting!
- I am going to be a worrisome mother. Hudson kicked a lot this past weekend and then was quiet for a few days. I considered going to the ER. I am nuts.
- All I can see when I look down is my belly. It's weird.
- My belly button has stretched sidewise, but hasn't popped out. I'm hoping that it will go back to its original shape after all this is over.
- I have a weird patch of skin on my wrist. It was like a rash and itchy, but now it's just dry. I also have a patch on my back like that.
- I really want to clean all the baseboards in my house but am afraid that if I sit down on the floor I won't be able to get back up.
- I have not signed up for a childbirth class and feel like someone will take me away for being a bad mother if I don't go. But I really don't want to go.
- I did contact a lady about learning how to sew. I had planned on doing this a while back, but didn't go through with  it. Childbirth class or sewing class? I pick sewing.
- I bought a Halloween decoration at HomeGoods. I have issues because it's definitely above 90 degrees today - NOT Halloween weather.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. I did NOT go to a child birth class. I was terrified! It's sometimes better to not know what is going on. We did go to a class that gave helpful hints for bringing baby home, but did not discuss actual labor. We survived with no child birth class. You will not be a horrible mother if you opt out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's good to know! A lot of people didn't take it, so I don't think I am either. I may take a breastfeeding class though...I am with you - I think knowing what was going to happen would scare me!

    ReplyDelete